Conversation-Husband and Wife

Wife-Are you not going to your office today?


Husband-Why should I not? What's the time?


Wife-Get up.It's half past seven.


Husband-Oh! Half past seven.


Wife-Make haste otherwise you will miss your bus.


Husband-Right.Who's in the bath?


Wife-Jack is there.


Husband-Hurry up, Jack, I am getting late.


Wife-By the time Jack has his bath , you may brush your teeth.


Husband-Oh, yes.Where's the tooth paste?


Wife-At the wash basin.


Jack-(Coming out of the bath) get in, Papa.


Father-Well, Jack, shine my shoes quickly.


Jack-Papa, one lace is torn.


Father-Go quickly and get a lace from the nearby shop.


Wife-Hurry up Jack, lest your papa should be late.(To her husband) you are careless about yourself.


Husband-Don't bother me. Listen ! My shirt is to be ironed.


Wife-I am in the kitchen. If I leave cooking, you will be late.


Husband-I know it, but I can't help.


Wife-You will not be embarassed like this if you do things in good time instead of rushing at the eleventh hour.


Husband-You are right. Where's my tiffin box.


Wife-O.K. You better take your breakfast, I shall pack your tiffinbox.


Husband-Wonderful. There are still some minutes left. Let me iron my shirt.


Wife-Leave it, wear the other one. I have kept it ready.

No comments: